The women on the Bali trip have been talking about how to recognize one another in the Denpasar airport when we arrive. We’re coming from both the east and west coasts and from locations in between. Some travelling west, I’m traveling east. Several of us are arriving at about the same time in Denpasar. Since most of us don’t know anyone else on the trip, the suggestion was made to create luggage tags in a lime green so we can identify another trip member at the luggage pick up.
Seemed like a good idea. So yesterday I whipped up a couple of luggage tags – one for my suitcase, and one for my backpack (which I will be wearing). Very easy to do.
- Cut 4 pieces of 3.5″ x 5″ fabric as well as 2 pieces of 3.5″ x 5″ heavy weight interfacing, two 6″ lengths of grosgrain ribbon and two 3.5″ x 5″ pieces of plastic.
- Fuse the interfacing to two of the pieces of fabric.
- Place the other two pieces of fabric on the right side of the fabric/interfacing piece and sew on three sides.
- Turn inside out, press.
- Insert the folded grosgrain ribbon (cut ends) into the open end which has been folded inward. Stitch the open end closed.
- Take a business card (or a card with your ID on it) and lay it in the middle of one side. Place the plastic piece on top and stitch around the outside, then stitch around the edge of the card. Trim the plastic as close to the seam as possible.
And there you have it – a personal luggage tag – won’t look like anybody else’s!