Tropical Flowers V – More Progress

I spent the morning working on this wall hanging again. Finished Anthurium 1 – adding the white and finishing the pistil:

Anthurium 1 Done

Completed Anthurium 2 as well, then began work on the Epiphyllum. I’ve started to stitch in the darker grey with the mid-plum/pink colour; the lighter grey will be a soft pink, finishing with a slightly pink white.

Anthurium 2 Done; Started on Epiphyllum

There’s a second Epiphyllum that’s printed in pinks – the colour choices for that flower are straight forward.

Then, I want to get to the two large green leaves – they’ll be fairly easy to stitch and then it will feel like I’m close to home although those frangipani clusters will take quite a bit of time because they’re small and each stitch run will be short which means a lot of twisting and turning while I’m sewing.

However I’m beginning to see an end to this project – although not likely by the date I’ve set up for the last class meeting day in early March.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.