Resurrecting Socks

I’m back at regenerating socks from the pile in my “Fix” sock basket. I started with somewhere like eight pairs of socks to restore – some needed just heels, others needed full feet. I repaired (replaced heels on) three pairs a number of months ago but there were still five pairs in the basket. I started working on those where I was able to salvage legs only a couple of weeks ago. It’s still worth repairing these socks – the legs are fine and that saves me about a week’s work. The challenge is to come up with variegated yarn that kind of fits in with the original pattern. So far, I’ve done rather well.

Here’s the first pair I completed ten days ago. They were delivered back to the owner who thought they looked familiar but didn’t remember giving them to me for repairs.

Resurrected Socks 1

This is the second pair I finished last evening. It took six days to reknit the feet and the yarn I used works quite well.

Resurrected Socks 2

I’ve started on the third pair of legs – that will leave me two pairs that need just heels – they won’t take a lot of time. I’m probably not going to work on those immediately, however. I want to continue building up the stash of new socks – Christmas is coming and I’ll want to give some socks as gifts.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.