I’ve just finished piecing the bargello table runner top. The second pair of blocks went quite a bit faster than the original two because I was careful about pressing seams in the right directions so I would have no nesting problems as I assembled the blocks.
The unanticipated thing was pressing seams as I constructed the blocks – I discovered I had to press the seams in the opposite direction from the original two blocks so seams would nest when I went to attach the new ones.
Next I have to find a backing fabric. I’m going to do a pillow case finish without bindings to preserve the clean edge I have here.
Beautiful…I need to make one of these!
Not difficult, but it does require technical skill with cutting and accurate seam allowances because you’re cutting, sewing, cutting again, and sewing again – lots of room for slight deviation that makes joining up the blocks and squaring up the finished piece a bit finicky.