Just finished the top borders only to see in the photo that I’ve switched out two blocks and have then in the wrong place. So gotta carefully unstitch that area, and reposition those two blocks – not today. Maybe tomorrow.Other than that, I’m pleased with the finished top. The grey-black gradation has worked; the yellow doesn’t shift the way I was visualizing it but it’s still effective, more or less. I certainly can live with that. I’m pleased with the points integrated into the border – that worked out nicely.
So now to come up with something for the back. I have a lot of yellow/grey blocks left over – I’m going to have to play with them on the floor to see what I can come up with.
Here’s where the blocks are reversed so the greys are in the wrong place:
OK, I couldn’t stay away from the sewing – I fixed the blocks:
Then I went on to the back – remaining blocks – a spiral:
I’ll fill in around it with the backing fabric – this large 8 x 6 block will get positioned offset toward one of the quadrants.