Done. I was able to quilt the remaining six wedges this morning. I added the hidden binding and I just finished hand sewing it to the back of the quilt. The label is also sewn in place on the back.
With trimming (in order to make the quilt relatively squared), I managed to end up a bit smaller than the first quilt – this quilt is 47″ x 61″; the first one is 48″ x 64″. I lost size because the dense quilting tightened the fabric, and my edges weren’t straight, and had to be adjusted so the corners would be close to right angles.
I was lucky, I managed to keep the fabric relatively flat – some steam pressing with a bit of Best Press helped eliminate most of the “fullness” in the wedges.
The back turned out flat as well (thank goodness), and the binding matched the backing so the fabrics extend to the edges.
Now on to Skyline #3!
I’ll start that quilt tomorrow. I plan to cut out 8 1/2″ squares from the panel as well as some complementary Grunge fabrics to accent the drunkard’s path blocks. I intend making ~56 blocks – 48 for the top and some for the back. I expect to end up with a 6 x 8 array which should give me a finished quilt at 48″ x 64″ (if I’m lucky and I don’t have to trim the blocks to square them up).