Finished this pair of socks last evening. I bought this ball of sock yarn because in the ball it looked like a reasonable set of colours but knitted up it’s pretty drab. There is a hint of “rose” in one of the grey sections so I decided to complement the yarn with a sparkly mauve.
I got well into the first leg when I decided I need to break up the drabness and added three alternating rows of the mauve wanting them to show below the pant legs (in hindsight, those rows would have been more balanced had they been closer to the cuff, however…).
One set of stripes didn’t seem enough so I added a second set near the toe. All fine.
Last night as I was approaching the toe, I remembered the second set of stripes! I had to unravel 12 rows to position the second set of mauve rows to match the rows on the first sock! I still managed to finish the sock, stripes intact.
Now on to another pair of the blue dots yarn tonight.
The narrow stripes worked well—worth ripping several rows for. I hate it when the look of the piece doesn’t match what the ball of yarn promised. But you solved it.