Finished this quilt last evening.
The photos don’t do it justice – the colours are more vibrant, the relationships among the elements on the quilt top are much clearer.
I finished with a hidden binding – I didn’t think the quilt front wanted another edge element. Besides, I didn’t have ay more “petunia” fabric and used the darker blue stonehenge to finish the edge on the back.
The quilting turned out well. I chose to quilt the blocks excluding the sashing – in part because I’d have been left with an unattached row of sashing either at the top or the bottom. It was simpler to just quilt the blocks themselves. I stitched-in-the-ditch along all sashing edges, then quilted the outer border with a modification of the block design to fit the border width.
That’s it for quilts at the moment. I’m now picking up the Kantha bedspread and making another jacket – this time, the back without any flare. I need buttons – will go looking for some this afternoon.
BTW I have written instructions for making this Lap/Throw quilt top: https://jmn111.files.wordpress.com/2022/07/delft-2.pdf
This one turned out to be my favourite with this material. You are so prolific!
Hi I happened on your blog by happenstance. There was a picture on pintrest of a jellyroll type quilt and I thought it was very nice. Since I didn’t see any bio on this site, I am not sure if you are a Nova Scotia quilter or not. I am.
I am in Nova Scotia. I don’t belong to any of the quilting groups. I pretty much work on my own.