Finally my amaryllis is blooming. I potted the bulb as soon as I got it at Christmas, watered it sparingly – and finally it’s got flowers. It’s a double (the second stalk will be in flower in a few days). So I may actually have eight flowers at the same time – wouldn’t that be grand.
Just done. Label and all. I’m pleased with how the quilt turned out. I like the contrast between the two muted background fabrics and the individual swatches – each is strong and colourful, yet they blend well.
I wasn’t sure about the bold batik I used for the back – whether it complemented the insertion or not, but now that the quilt is completed I’m happy with the result.
This quilt I think has found a home in my living room- it fits in better than the quilt I had there.