Finally, I have finished piecing the elements for this quilt top. The next steps will go relatively quickly.
Now I have to add borders: a narrow light one, then a wider batik that seems to coordinate with all the other batiks in the pieced panel.
I’m thinking I will do something simple to extend the width of the back – a jellyroll race piecing, crazy quilt strip…. Whatever it turns out to be it will go a lot more quickly than this piecing did. I got tired of creating these elements which took quite a bit more time than I expected when I started which is why the project ground to a halt.
Now I can move again, get the quilt done and added to the collection for the showing in Parrsboro this summer. Whew!