Quilt Top

Panel With Borders Added

I’m working away on this quilt. The top is now complete. I had to buy a 1/2m of fabric for the dark narrow inner border – there was nothing bright enough or strong enough in my stash to complement the panel. A quick trip yesterday afternoon to my local fabric shop and I was able to set up and attach the borders.

I cut all three border strips at one time, sewed them together, then added them to the panel, finally mitring the corners – much easier than trying to mitre each border strip individually and then struggling to get the mitres to align. Took less time, as well.

I’ve pulled out fabrics for the backing – I’m going to do a wide strip (24″) using large blocks of fabrics comparable to the scraps I used for the blocks. I have a couple of nice soft grey prints that will blend with the bright colours to finish the backing.

Finished A Couple Of Evenings Ago

Lang SwissLakes Super Soxx Yarn

I finished this pair of socks a couple of evenings ago. I really liked the colours and the colour flow. I used a contrast yarn for cuff and heels but decided to carry on with the patterned yarn for the toe, introducing the contrast 1/4 of the way through in alternate rows. The teal and rusts make a nice combination.