Colourful. Cheerful. I’ve stuck them in the stash for now. I don’t really need another pair of socks although I love the colours. For no explicable reason I decided to continue the pattern into the toe instead of changing to the contrast colour I used for the cuff and heel.
I just finished the first column pair using all 16 triangles (twice):
I will end up with an almost square quilt top – 48 wide x ~ 52 long. I can’t add more elements to lengthen each column because I’ve run out of some of the fabrics. So this is it. I could change the width/length ratio by assembling just 7 columns instead of 8; that’s a possibility – and then add a dark 3 1/2″ border to extend the size. I’ll make that decision after I have the 128 triangles sewn together.
I’m more pleased than I thought I would be – the Escher illusion works better than I expected it to, given I wasn’t completely lucky with my fabric colour placement – but the interwoven branching columns stand out clearly.
So, just carry on.