I finally finished the Intersections Quilt yesterday. It took two days to do the stitch-in-the-ditch, quilt the blocks and the border, add the binding and label.
This is the finished quilt top. The design I created to quilt the blocks was done in my 14″ hoop (which requires a turn to complete both sides of the design). I was trying to get the effect of having done the quilting using a long arm quilting machine. Unless you look very closely, you can’t see the design within individual blocks – the quilting does look continuous.
The quilting is more obvious on the back. Again, I inserted a strip of fabrics from the top of the quilt – so I could get away with just a single length of backing fabric. There weren’t quite enough scraps left of the fabrics from the front, so I added others in the green and blue tones from my scrap stash, but you can’t tell – they blend well with those from the top of the quilt. I also quilted the border: this time I didn’t do it free stitching the machine stitch (loops), I created another embroidery to use in the endless hoop – I was surprised how easy it was to align the individual embroideries so that they joined up – unless you look closely you can’t see the joins – I was very pleased with that.
This photo shows the quilting detail and the border quilting,
I’m already thinking about the next quilt.