Yesterday I finished this Lattice Quilt using Kaffe Fassett / Philip Jacobs large pattern fabrics. (The back used a Philip Jacobs fabric with an inserted crazy quilted piece.)
Cutting and assembling this quilt wasn’t the challenge; figuring out how to quilt the “blocks” was. In the end I set up an 8×8 design – 20 blocks in all (leaving some of the sashing unquilted), thirteen 3×8 blocks, two 3×3 blocks and then a design for the border.
This quilt has turned out a wee bit larger than my usual lap quilts – the design forced that – had to use an even number of blocks to make the lattice symetrical.
Ok, so the point is to use up the stash of yarn left-overs, to stretch them out with interspersing them with a blending colour yarn, pick up a colour in the blend for cuffs, heels and toes. But in this case it has resulted in a very boring pair of socks! It was so boring it was all I could do to finish the second sock.
Oh well, someone will love them. They’re now in the give-away pile (which continues to grow – gotta start giving those socks away).